Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Sunday, August 26, 2007

207 – 224. More Books and Films

Every day that I slosh into work soaked from the drenching I got on the bike on my way to the hospital I joke with the staff that next time there is a drought in Australia all the Government needs to do is pay for me to fly over from the UK and I’ll be guaranteed to bring the rain with me. Apparently, this has been one of the wettest winters on record and there’s been all kinds of insane weather-associated destruction which really does a good job of taking peoples minds off the arid farm lands further inland which are presently unable to produce any food.

It has, therefore, resulted in me spending more time than I would like indoors but has given me a chance to catch up on some very enjoyable reading and film watching. OK so 12,000 miles is a long way to come to read a few books and get square eyes but even in the worst weather here you can feel relaxed and chilled out with a book and a glass of wine knowing that the sun will be out soon. In Scotland you’d just be pissed off – permanently. Actually, I think I recall that I was – permanently.

More Books
    1. The Poe Shadow - Mathew Pearl
    2. 23 Days in July - John Wilcockson
    3. Every Second Counts - Lance Armstrong
    4. Lunar Park - Bret Eston Ellis
    5. The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
    6. Paint Your Dragon - Tom Holt
    7. Open Sesame - Tom Holt
More Films
    1. The Notebook
    2. Knocked Up
    3. Blades of Glory
    4. Order of the Phoenix
    5. Fracture
    6. Chuck and Larry
    7. The Simpsons
    8. Diehard 4.0
    9. Curse of the Golden Flower
    10. Wild Hogs
    11. Something’s Got To Give

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin Pedroja said...

Let me know what you think of Lunar Park - I read it last week and loved it. I thought Glamorama was okay, but have enjoyed everything else he's put out there...would be an interesting guy to have a beer with...

7:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home