Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

11. Facial

For any of you gutter-minded males out there, this isn’t what it sounds like. I actually went to a Spa and had a facial done today. Isla is always going on about how nice it is having you nails done or getting a massage so I decided to go the whole hog and get a top-of-the-range facial in the hotel’s spa.

First let me say that it was amazing. For anyone that’s not had one of these, I totally recommend it. I’m not saying that I’ll be down the beauticians every other day getting myself “treated” but I definitely won’t be averse to trying other things of this ilk.

It started off with me being taken into a quiet room and lying down on a bench. I then had my face washed with some cleansing gel with I think had menthol in it. After that the girl scrubbed my face with an exfoliant and then put something next to me that blew hot steam onto my face for about 10 minutes. She then started going on about how Rose Quartz stones were able to release energy but her accent was so strong that it wasn’t until the end of the treatment that I realised what “Ro Kwah” actually was.

She took the stones and rubbed them on my face for another 10 minute which was so soothing that I almost fell asleep. Next she massaged the whole of my face with her fingers and it was quite a weird, but pleasant sensation. After than I got a shoulder and neck massage with some sort of Tiger Balm and then she covered my face in a mask cream and again I was left for about 10 minutes while it worked it’s way into my skin.

When she came back she cleaned my face again and then sat me up and gave me a back massage to finish off. When I stood up I could hardly walk out the door as I felt so spaced out. It was an amazing feeling; totally relaxed and refreshed at the same time. As soon as I got back into my hotel room I had a look in the mirror and my face looked totally different; clear and bright and lots of blemishes had gone. That probably has something to do with the fact that in the middle of the massages she spent a good five minutes squeezing out black heads and spots (mine not hers).

As I said before, a great experience. Not something I’ll be rushing to do every day but certainly something I’d recommend you all try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home