Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Monday, September 24, 2007

225. Hypnosis

About ten years ago I was in Ibiza and I watched a stage hypnotist put a bunch of people under and the make them do the most amazing things. People were swearing but only allowed to say the word “banana” and there was folk acting like various animals and one girl was made to think she was a plank of wood and was suspended between 2 chairs while the hypnotist sat on her. Really quite incredible but the whole way through it I thought “if he looks at me I’ll be hypontised”. Thankfully he didn’t look at me and I wasn’t hypnotised.

Years later I worked with a surgical Registrar who did hypnosis and she said she was able to tell if people would be an easy subject or not. She took one look at me and said I would be a cinch. Now in all honesty that’s something that I already knew. Since I watched the guy in Ibiza do his stuff I knew that if I’d been on stage I’d have been clucking like a chicken and shouting “banana” at the top of my voice.

So… where am I going with this story? Well, I saw and advert for a hypnotherapy session and I was interested in giving it a bash. I’ll not going into the details of the theme but suffice it to say it was like having a private session with Paul McKenna. It was all… floaty and calming but I don’t know that it did any good. Certainly, I didn’t go to the gym straight after. Instead I went to Blockbusters and got 3 DVDs out which I spent the rest of the day watching. Still have two more sessions as part of the package but I’m pretty sure it’s just money down the tubes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home