Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Friday, January 05, 2007

14. Open Top Bus Tour of Sydney


As it sounds, this is an open top bus tour of Sydney. I know they are cheesy and a bit of a tourist trap but they are a great way of getting your bearings when you first arrive in a new place. Take the one in Glasgow for example. For a mere £10 you can have abuse thrown at you in Partick, Maryhill, Pollock, Easterhouse, Castlemilk and Pollockshields. Now you can’t say that’s not a bargain.

The Sydney one is more sedate than that and takes you round some interesting parts of the town. Be warned that it doesn’t go north of the Harbour Bridge and it costs $30. However, you can get on and off as often as you want and the ticket is valid for 24 hours from the time of purchase. We opted to go round the whole loop listening to the commentaries first and then get on and off at points of interest. We stopped at Subway, Thai Express, Sushi Roll, a Slushy stall, a Toilet, a Coffee Bar and ended up at the Cinema. A good, non-touristy way to finish the day’s wanderings.

2 Comments:

Blogger sekerci said...

Aaaarrrggghhhh- ok you guys I am loving the blog but there is just too much to read!! At least from now on I will know to keep up to date. I may sound slightly ungrateful for the fact that you guys are actually keeping us up to date but I am frustrated for 2 reasons-
1. I am tired- its midnight and I've been up since 5.30am and
2. You are leaving now scope for questions!!! (Zain, Isla will expalin this to you).
Oh and 3... as a rookie reading these blog my space things I am probably a bit envious I don't have my own cos I am pretty ipressed with the content, lay out, photos etc so far AND when I was out last night everyone seems to have one except me! By the way Zain, your is better!!
Anyway, keep enjoying yourselves.
Miss you.
Lots of Love Sera x
PS Zain, It looks like I'm Tevfik but it's really Sera- see comment made on Isla's blog!
PPS Is the 365 thing 365 new things you have done since you have been away?!? I remember Isla saying something about it but I was more interested in playing with your gorilla pod at the time!!
PPPS Why is Comedy Dave called Comedy Dave??

4:23 PM

 
Blogger Zain said...

1. I realise that it's you Sera!

2. The 365 Challenge is only new things but I'm being a bit flexable eg. I've been on a train before but I've never taken the train to Hornsby. That way I can talk about the places we visit too. If you goto the 365 page and read the post titled "frustration"then you'll get the whole scoop.

4. Gorilla pod rocks - get one.

5. Get some sleep!!!

Besides that, was good to hear from you. Keep in touch. Z

3. I can't remeber how he got his name but it's in the book.

7:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home