Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Monday, September 24, 2007

226. Baking

Even though it’s spring and I had the day off the weather failed me and by 10am the heavens opened and it stayed that way for the next few hours. I was watching Ready Steady Cook as something to do in the rain-induced boredom where some bloke was knocking up a loaf to go with the soup he was churning out and I thought to myself “I’ve never baked anything and that looks easy.”

20 minutes later I’d returned from the local supermarket and was kneading my first dough creation which was ambitiously mixed with sun dried tomatoes, oregano and parmesan. Ridiculously, it actually tasted quite good and I spent the rest of the day experimenting which resulted in cranberry scones, linseed and sunflower seed rolls and sun-dried tomato flat bread. It was awesome fun and most things tasted pretty good but the kitchen was destroyed with flour and dough. I think it’s going to take a few more attempts before I’ve at Jamie Oliver’s level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home