Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Monday, December 10, 2007

325. Cycle – Lane Cove


This was a weird one. I didn’t really have a plan except for the singular goal that was leading me on a wild goose chase to find an elusive laptop repair centre that I was expected to take my computer to in order to find out why the battery was no charging. Infact, it wasn’t even recognised by it.

But that’s a different story.

Anyway, instead of catching the bus to Lane Cove I thought I’d venture out on some new roads with the bike. It only took about 4 minutes for me to wish that I cruising the quiet streets on public transport as the hills were the steepest that I’ve come across since moving Down Under.

I’d not reset the speedo so I have no idea how far I travelled or how long I was on the bike. What I do know is that I got lost more times than I care to remember and it felt like forever before I discovered where the laptop place was. I staggered, jelly legged, into the shop and proceeded to dribble sweat down my arms onto the nice clean counter. The poor girl behind the desk didn’t quite know what to do – with my perspiration or my laptop – so I left and tried to find my way back.

That was another chore and a half and had undoubtedly the greatest gradient I’ve encountered. I struggled in my bottom gear for several minutes and finally ended up out of the saddle pumping my legs with the remainder of my dwindling stamina to the crest of a hill where the traffic lights were thankfully red.

Phew. A short catch up of my failing oxygen supplies and then a straight forward downhill free-wheel back to St Leonards. Unfortunately, I had no idea where I was again and there was much meandering and furrowing of the brow before I could finally see the high towers above St Leonards Station which pointed me in the right direction.

Not a great one but I guess that any time on the bike should be thought of as a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home