Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

298. Pilates

Well this is another one for the book. Since I had my hypnosis sessions I seem to have opened up to infinite possibilities – well perhaps not infinite but I have been trying a few other things that I thought were nonsense like yoga.

Anyway, I went to a Pilates class with Isla the other night and wasn’t sure what to expect – more super stretch people but with a bit more muscle that Sting. At first I thought I was on the right track as when we arrived as there was a bloke in the lobby wearing nothing but a pair of tight shorts and a nipple ring all bleach blonde and abs. Turns out he was from the crazy Hatha Yoga class that was on before ours which can only be described as an Indian form of break dancing which is done at 38 degrees. Apparently people faint and pass out in that class due to its extreme nature.

Thankfully “Mark” had just finished taking the Hatha class and the tiny lithe form that is Vanessa was teaching our class. It was actually great fun and it moved with a grace and fluidity from one position to the next that I found easy to follow without becoming the tangled mess that I was during my last yoga class. Pilates appears to be more up my street and I did find all my “core” muscles ached in a good way the following morning.

Will I go back? Well my friend Pete is always raving about Pilates and I can see why. I can imagine a few months of it would work wonders for core strength and posture. So yes I think I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home