Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

54. Blue Tongue Premium Lager


Smoothness 3
Cost 4
Piss-Factor 3
Aftertaste 2 (3 once it warms up a bit)
Coolness 4

There is one reason why Tuesdays in Sydney are better than other week days – Cheapie Tuesdays! It’s the day of the week that the cinemas have discounted prices for tickets. We went to the Chatswood Cinema to see Stranger Than Fiction which turned out to be brilliantly watchable.

It was an early showing so when it finished we thought a little drink on the way home was in order. There were no pubs in the vicinity and as most beers are about $6 – $7 a schooner we took a small detour to the bottle shop and got a sixer of Blue Tongue.

It has a totally cool label (although I’ve been bashing labels recently) and the packaging is strangely aesthetic. However it tastes a bit like Becks and that’s one of my most hated beers. This problem is solved by keeping the beer cold – the evil Beckness of it doesn’t rear its head till it warms up. I still think that it’s a totally cool beer but it does lose one point of coolness because I cut my hand on the bottle top as it’s the only beer I’ve drank here that’s not a screw top. Well I know better next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home