Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

59 and 60. Tyrrell’s Wines Pinot Noir and Massaman Thai Curry

I was having trouble thinking of what to make for dinner. Since leaving home we’ve had difficulty cooking. I don’t mean that we’ve been unable to stick some things in a pot and turn the heat on. I just mean that we’ve been uninspired to cook anything decent.

About 5 minutes walk from the flat is a great shop called Paradise Market and they have all sorts of fresh fruit and exotic vegetables and a whole host of ingredients from around the world. I went there for some inspiration and after about 15 minutes I’d a basket full of fresh prawns, lemongrass, spring onions, courgettes, potatoes, cherry tomatoes and brown rice. I also picked up a jar of massaman curry paste which is a thai-style curry that I’ve never tasted before. It took a while but I managed to knock together the prawn massaman curry and it was great.

Beside the Paradise Market is a huge wine merchants and I stopped in there to pick up some vino. Earlier in the day I’d been reading about all the vineyards in the Hunter Valley and when I saw this bottle of Tyrrell’s, which is one of the vineyards I plan to visit, I grabbed a bottle. As always with the Aussie reds here another exceptional drink. However, as I was walking out the shop I noticed that they were doing a special of 6 bottles of own-brand red for $11.98 which is less than $2 per bottle. I think I might buy a box of that for the sake of saving pennies but that’ll be the end of writing about new wines for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home