Maximum Oz Exposure Skilz

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

65 & 66. Forming a cycle group and Bobbin Head Cycle.

In order to get a bit of social action going amongst the people that I work with I started a cycle group called the “Respiratory Cyclists”. Bad pun I know but it served a good purpose. It meant that the people at work who were interested in cycling could band together once or twice a week and have a social cycle together which mean they were was an element of security and support around a ride.

Our first cycle saw 5 folk from work hit the Bobbin Head road at 10am. As well as me there was a consultant, 2 nurses and a wardsman. We met at Turramurra station and boosted onto Bobbin Head Rd and cruised on the 4km downhill to Bobbin Head. What a rush. Averaging about 55km/h, we were at the bottom in about 10mins. We took some time to explore the area and walk the boardwalk at the bottom and see the local wildlife which consisted of a while bunch of crabs that chewed the mud.

The we back up we crazy. Road bikes just do not have enough gears in my humble opinion and I spent 20 mins busting a gut just to get to the top. I was so happy reaching the top especially since I made it without stopping although I ran out of gears about half way up and if the road had got steeper I would have been in real trouble.

When we reached the top we cruised down hill to Waitara and stopped into the Blue Gum pub where a few cool beers made the uphill worth while. Hopefully the next few weeks will have more people involved and a bunch of harder longer cycles. Watch this space.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Elena said...

The Australian place names are still making me laugh... Bobbin Head heeheehee x

2:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home